System administrator for Linux Environment, Storage and Networking. Support Tango/Geovation environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as part of a rotating schedule.
- Install, integrate and configure various systems and associated hardware (example: Unix and Linux)
- Install, integrate and configure OS and both vendor and proprietary applications (example: geovation, oracle).
- Maintain and repair systems and associated equipment
- Maintain appropriate backups of systems as defined in the backup schedule
- Implement appropriate security measures including system configuration and resource monitoring
- Monitor system performance and efficiency
- Implement appropriate disaster recovery procedures
- Install, configure and resolve problems with various databases and application environments (example: Oracle).
- Maintain, review backups, apply patches and updates to the databases and applications when appropriate.
- Monitor and optimize system performance (to optimize capacity and meet Total Cost of Ownership objectives).
- Apply and follow IT security rules defined in link with the Group security policy.
- Stay abreast of current and developing products, technologies, and methodologies through research, training, accreditation, and association with peers within and across industries.