The Services Superintendent reports to the Maintenance Manager and has oversight and is responsible for contractors on site that are providing daily routine maintenance and Outage/Turnaround maintenance support of facility equipment and systems. Primary responsibilities include administering contracts for the purchase of goods and services needed for ongoing operations and ensuring that contractors and Company fulfill their respective contractual obligations.
Understanding of all facets of LNG transportation, storage and processing, including health, safety, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. General knowledge of a typical contract structure and general construction standards and experienced in contract negotiations. Knowledge of and experienced with methods and procedures for monitoring costs, developing budgets, monitoring performance, and compliance.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Ensure contractors are performing all work according to governing organizations and Company’s Control of Work procedures and that all work is performed safely.
- Develop and execute strategic plans, programs and processes to improve facility to meet or exceed maintenance targets (KPIs).
- Provide recommendations to the Maintenance Manager on improving reliability, improving contractor performance and on contract issues and initiatives.
- Provide guidance to maintenance and contract Supervisors concerning the deployment of personnel in support of plant systems and organizations.
- Support the efforts of all other organizations within the Facility as needed.
- Ensure contractors are performing work timely, efficiently, at the lowest cost to Company, and fulfilling all contractual obligations.
- Ensure Company is timely and appropriately fulfilling all of its contractual obligations.
- Monitor quality of contractors’ performance and report findings as appropriate to Facility management.
- Review contractor invoices before they are approved for payment by Company management.
- Negotiate Change Orders as necessary.
- Ensure contractors are timely providing the information required by reporting requirements in contracts.
- Participate in the process of forecasting spending under contracts.
- Respond to questions concerning interpretation of contract clauses in coordination with the Contract Management group.
- Other activities as directed by Maintenance Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor degree in Engineering is preferred with 10 years of experience in the industrial field.
- Experience: At least ten (10) years’ experience associated with planning and oversight of Contract Labor projects, Turnaround Planning, and Major Maintenance outages. Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and personal characteristics of integrity, accountability and dependability, as well as, demonstrated leadership experience is required. Experience with LNG or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids experience is a plus. Possess contract development and negotiating skills and experience from inception through work execution and contract close out.
- Credentials: Must maintain at all times a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Facility Supervisor, Facility Coordinators.
The Services Superintendent is an expert in his or her field and requires minimal supervision in the performance of responsibilities.
- Work is primarily performed at the site location. From time to time work will be required at the Company headquarters office in Houston.
- Work may be required after normal work hours and/or weekends.
- Limited travel required, as business conditions dictate.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing and background screening, per applicable federal regulations and as required by Cheniere.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Cheniere Energy is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.