The Consumer Connection Center manages all contacts from consumers visiting Chevron and Texaco Retail Stations in North America and Canada. Consumers contact the Consumer Connection Center via phone, social media, Chevron.com, e-mail, and letter. All consumer feedback is documented and shared with internal business teams within Americas Products including PGPA, Loyalty, Brand, Card, Sales, Operations, and Technology. The position requires daily collaboration with these internal business teams.
This position requires direct response on behalf of Chevron Corporate on our Chevron Corporate FB and Chevron on Twitter pages concerning Retail Station related comments/inquiries and requires high levels of collaboration with PGPA, Legal, Brand and Sales.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Consumer Case Resolution for Sensitive Cases:
• Manages all consumer contacts that are classified as sensitive and require special handling. Sensitive is a classification for those cases where the nature of the complaint requires special or immediate attention from the Chevron or Texaco Retail Facilities. Sensitive cases are defined by issue types; Potential Product Integrity, Discrimination allegations, Potential Policy Violation, or Safety concern, but not limited to and (also includes ADA claims, Property Damage Claims, Lubricant Product Claims, Gift Card Settlement, Better Business Bureau and Attorney General cases).
• Professionally prepares letters or e-mails throughout the case cycle keeping the consumer informed, outlining the results of investigation and utilizes template letters that will need to be customized for each individual case file.
• Utilizes multiple computer applications to gather data and resolve customer issues. For example; Salesforce, Tandem, Internet, CBP, Chevron Corporate Facebook, Chevron Corporate Twitter, Sprinklr and Microsoft Office. Clearly articulates case symptoms, issues and case resolutions by updating the case management system and case description within developed guidelines.
• May require engagement with Sales Managers and/or other Service Centers, such as the Retail Marketing Center and Retail Technology Centers as well as other Support groups; Card Operations and Card & Authorization and alerting the Fuel Integrity team as deemed appropriate.
Reporting & Analysis:
• Responsible for extracting specific consumer data received and recorded by CCC in SFDC and build into pivot table/excel charts as well as transition into power point decks including tailored trends/analysis and business recommendations in a professional report format for Retail District Sales Managers, Retail Business Consultants, Retail Marketers, Retail Brand Team, Card Team, Product Engineering Team (Fuel Quality cases by Terminal and by symptom) and Legal. Helps Business Units makes decisions about trends in retail service at service stations and required actions needed to improve overall brand/sales.
Executive-Level Correspondence and Social Media Complaints:
• Responds appropriately to all consumer complaints that are addressed to Chevron executives and also raised in the Social Media Forum (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube) regarding Chevron Branded Retail Fuel Stations via our Chevron Corporate Facebook or Twitter accounts. All Responses will be handled with a critical sense of urgency and a high degree of professionalism. In responding to the Executive complaints letters will need to be drafted and finalized with approval from direct supervisor and sent to the customer with a copy to the Chevron Executive Assistants. To properly respond to Social Media Complaints resolution / response requires collaboration with Business Partners; PGPA, District Sales Managers, Legal and Senior Counsel, Technology, Global Security, Field Sales, Loyalty, Card Operations, Retail Programs, Etc.
Process Management and Case Escalations:
• To maintain consistency within consumer responses, templates have been created. Templates are to be reviewed annually, or as needed based on activity, feedback or market changes. Template changes would be developed and recommendations would be submitted for approval. Approval maybe required through Legal, PGPA, Retail Policy Specialist, Canada Operations Specialist, etc. this will be determined by the nature of the template. In addition, new templates may need to be created and templates may need to be retired if no longer applicable.
• Identifies, documents and shares best practices between immediate team regarding operational efficiencies, process improvements, and continually works to maintain and improve customer service level to customers. Participates with fellow colleagues to achieve goals, team objectives and overall business goals and objectives.
• Initiates, leads or participates in process improvements efforts and works with other business groups to achieve overall improvement and process standardization in local and end-to-end processes. Develops and re-writes process documentation for Social Media case management and Fuel Quality Incident Management (consumer facing) based on OE Model as required, and can involve collaboration with IT for Chevron.com, SFDC IT.
• Manages case escalations from the junior specialists on the team (Level 1) and coaches Level 1 agents on best practices and improved areas for call handling/case management
Fuel Quality Incident Management :
• Take lead in managing consumer contacts via phone and web relative to known and identified fuel quality incidents including contaminated shipments from Chevron proprietary terminals (and also third party terminals) into the retail market. Take specific steps at discovery, and requires collaboration with Product Engineering to validate potential vehicle symptoms, coordination with Third Party Claims management company/service center, issuance of Chevron Gift Cards at the conclusion of the incident/resolution, and monitoring the claims are all sent to Third Party Claims center for evaluation throughout the incident.
Operational Excellence and Compliance:
• Participates in all safety programs (LPS, RSI, and Stop Work Authority) and demonstrates operational excellence and Chevron Way values. Completes all required training and Corporate Compliance functions when required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• At least 6 months of customer service experience.
• Soft phone skills.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage communication styles internally/externally.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
• Experience using Salesforce.com desired.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.