The Company is organized through a global commercial group responsible for sales and delivery of Cliffs' products and a global operations group responsible for the production of the minerals the Company markets. Cliffs operates iron ore and coal mines in North America and an iron ore mining complex in Western Australia.
- A four year degree, or equivalent relevant work experience with the commitment to obtaining a degree.
- 5-7 years of related heavy industry experience.
- Experience/knowledge in mining and mine engineering processes and systems.
- Experience/knowledge in maintenance and reliability processes and systems.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methods, including the Theory of Constraints.
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Demonstrated professional presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (Work Order, Standard Jobs, APL’s, Equipment Register, and Scheduling modules).
- Ability to demonstrate how a particular task is to be done and, if necessary, coach while it is being done.
- Proficiency in project management tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency in computer skills in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point).
Typical Tasks Specific to this Role
- Ensures that the daily and weekly maintenance schedules are communicated and distributed to the department team members involved in the work.
- Coordinates equipment shutdowns and communicates with the departments affected.
- Leads the weekly asset meeting in development of the weekly schedule.
- Ensures that all necessary resources are available prior to scheduling a job.
- Will utilize GRIP for major equipment shutdowns being scheduled, which is typically any work greater than one day in duration or having a significant impact to the process.
- Generates a daily and weekly work schedule.
- Ensures that scheduling elements are in accordance to the standard.
- Generates required maintenance performance reports and KPI’s in support of L-2/L-3 standards
- Generates required maintenance backlog reports
- Ensures that ALL scheduling elements of the CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES Maintenance Process and Standards are fully implemented and functioning.
- Maintains a backlog list for execution during “windows of opportunity”.
- Works together with the department Planners, Coordinators, Crewmembers/Technicians and Reliability Engineers to review measures of equipment improvement activities to support ongoing improvement activities.
- Ensures that all department work performed is done in a safe manner and that all work areas are maintained to meet Cliffs standards